CALL FOR PROJECTS
Join us and become part of the future of food! Our Call for Projects is now open for SKYBERRIES.
The best projects will be exhibited at SKYBERRIS vertical farming conference as part of URBAN FUTURE global conference on February 28th – March 2nd 2018 and automatically apply for the SKYBERRIES Vertical Farming AWARD 2018!
We are looking for the most innovative, interesting and creative vertical farming and urban gardening projects from Europe and around the world. Bring your work as a POSTER to our conference and showcase your achievements to the international vertical and urban farming sector. Raise awareness of your project, gain recognition, share best practice and make new contacts.
DEADLINE FOR Posters: 15 January 2018 (midnight)
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: by 20 January 2018 latest
SKYBERRIES Vertical Farming AWARDS: 1 March 2018
We especially encourage following thematic scopes:
- Social impact, inclusion and co-creation – citizens and urban farming/gardening
- Green productive building skins of the future – all about rooftop and living wall gardening/farming
- Green productive urban spaces for farms/gardens – enhancing urban planning potentials
- Getting more inclusive – sustainable production and circular systems
- Food policy for local politics – specific regulations and incentives
- If you have an inspiring project beyond that scope, don’t hesitate to submit via category “other”
Special consideration will be given to ensure that a variety of topics, climatic, geographical and cultural ranges, hightech and low tech proposals etc. will be represented.
Posters will be selected by SKYBERRIES’ expert jury and programme committee for exhibition at SKYBERRIES vertical farming conference, 28 February and 1 March in Vienna. You will have opportunities throughout the conference to discuss your work with over 3,000 participants of SKYBERRIES and URBAN FUTURE global conference. If especially relevant, your poster could also be accepted for one of the Story Corner Sessions within the SKYBERRIES conference programme.
The best project will be awarded with our SKYBERRIES Vertical Farming AWARD on 1st of March.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT IN FORM OF A POSTER!
CRITERIA FOR POSTERS
- Outlines a vision of vertical farming and urban gardening/farming structures for the resilient city
- Includes new research on vertical farming and urban gardening/farming in general or one of the technical components used to disburden actual external costs of conventional agriculture
- Has clear perspective and relevance to the topic addressing climate mitigation and food security for the city of the future
- Is lively and lends itself to a poster session and discussions on site
- Designed conceptually strong and communicates and explains the project clearly (not too visually abstract or containing too many words)
Poster language: English
Presentation: Printed poster, it must be visually engaging and show an awareness of the role of poster sessions – to engage the viewer in discussion of the topic
Size: DIN A0 or 841mm wide x 1189mm high
Participation: Presenters must register for SKYBERRIES vertical farming conference, as they must be available to discuss the selected work during conference breaks on Wednesday 28 February and Thursday 1 March 2018. Handing out leaflets or other information on your work to SKYBERRIES and URBAN FUTURE participants is highly welcome.
Number: One poster per presenter
Publication: Accepted posters will be published on the SKYBERRIES website and in the SKYBERRIES & URBAN FUTURE conference app, with authors, co-authors and any partnering organisations.
Short description: 30 words maximum for website and other conference materials
Application Deadline: 15 January 2018 midnight CET. Applications will not be accepted after this. All submissions have to be done digitally here (PDF). Accepted posters will be notified within a week and we ask you to bring your printed A0 Poster to the conference venue by 28 February.
Selection: Posters will be selected by our expert jury to fit best with the conference flow and story.
Notification: Poster presenters will be notified by 20 January 2018 if their poster has been accepted.
SKYBERRIES registration: If your Poster is accepted, you will need to submit proof of paid conference registration. Register here: skyberries.at/tickets. Bring your printed A0 poster to the conference venue registration desk by 28 February morning.
Any questions, please contact the SKYBERRIES office:
Lara Arth (Event Manager): email@example.com | +43 676 750 8205
Margit Kastner (Communications): firstname.lastname@example.org | +43 660 14 94 602
Buy your official conference ticket in our ticketshop skyberries.at/tickets and save € 55,-!
We guarantee your access to both conferences SKYBERRIES and URBAN FUTURE.